About The Collab Lab Program
- Tech stack: React for UI development, Firebase for both database and hosting,
- Team size: 4 developers
- Project duration: 60 hours per developer (6 hours/week over 10 weeks)
Visit our developers page to learn more about each of the early career engineers who have contributed to The Collab Lab!
How to apply
Our next cohort will kick off on August 11, 2024. We plan to run teams in North America and Europe/Africa time zones. The application window will be open from July 21 to July 28. We will notify you of your status the following week.
Return to this page between July 21 and July 28 to submit your application
💡 Want a reminder of our next application window? Download this iCal file!
Here are the questions we’ll be asking you to answer:
- Pronouns - Your identity is important to us.
- Region - Depending on mentor availability, we run teams in North America, Latin America, and Europe/Africa.
- Time Zone - Our teams are based in North America, Latin America (in Spanish), and European/African time zones. 🌎🌍
- Do you agree to abide by The Collab Lab Code of Conduct? - This is non-negotiable. If you want to participate, you must agree to follow the Code of Conduct.
- Link to a code repository (e.g., GitHub, Gitlab, Bitbucket, etc.) or other example of your work - We use GitHub to host our projects, but mostly this question is about seeing examples of your work so feel free to point us to anything that represents you well. Your best bet is to link directly to a React project. Thanks!
- What do you hope to learn from participating in The Collab Lab? - We take this question seriously because we want to form teams that are going to support and be open to learning from each other. We are interested in your motivations and aspirations, so help us get to know you!
- What have you done to learn coding so far? - It’s super helpful for us to understand your coding journey. There is no right or wrong answer to this one!
What happens after I apply?
There are two possible outcomes:
🤗 You get accepted. Yay! We’ll be in touch with next steps.
😥 You get rejected. For now…try again!
We anticipate more applicants than we will have slots. If you’re qualified, but the numbers just didn’t work out, we’ll let you know that and you can totally apply the next time using the same info. If, on the other hand, we evaluated your experience and determined you didn’t meet the minimum requirements in some way, we’ll let you know that, too. That way you can put in the work to increase your chances of being accepted before the next application window opens.
All of this means you may have to apply multiple times in order to be selected. The good news is, you’ll know where you stand!
If you have any questions about the application process or what it’s like to participate in a Collab Lab cohort, please don’t hesitate to email Andrew at email@example.com.
Thank you so much for your interest in The Collab Lab! We look forward to working with you at some point in the future!